Re: [LUG] Separate keyboard for a laptop

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 23:31:38 +0000
Eion MacDonald <eionmac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Eion,

>Wireless devices need charged batteries.

Of course they do.  My Logitech mouse uses batteries at the rate of one
every six to eight months or so.  My keyboard hasn't had a new set since
I started using it over two years ago.  Oh, and the keyboard has a
battery level warning indicator to help avoid the situation you warn
about.  Also, and most important(possibly), I do nothing mission
critical with my computer, so dead batteries for two minutes whilst I
change them and commence recharging the spent set, is no big deal.

The only down-side issue I have with the keyboard is a lack of NumLock
indicator LED, but I suspect that is a design decision based on current
drain shortening battery life.

--
 Regards  _
Tell the dinosaurs they just won't survive