Re: [LUG] Separate keyboard for a laptop

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 13:21:18 +0000
Daniel Robinson <manipula@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 16 Mar 2015 12:51, "Neil Winchurst" <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I may have mentioned that my desktop computer screen died on me a
> > while ago and I am now using my laptop, effectively, as a desktop.
> > It stays put on my desk and is permanently attached to the printer,
> > router etc.
> >
> > One thing I find irritating  is reaching across the touch-pad area
> > for the keyboard. So I am wondering about getting a wifi keyboard.
> > I already use a Logitech wifi mouse so it would perhaps to logical
> > to get a Logitech keyboard, but I am open to ideas. ( I hate the
> > touch-pad, and have never used it.) I am assuming then it would
> > just work.
> >
> > Does anyone on the list have any experience of this please and any
> > advice? I would be interested to hear what members think.
> >
> > Incidentally, I am typing this using my old keyboard from the
> > desktop, which has a USB fitting. This does use up a USB port so
> > would not be an ideal  permanent solution.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Neil

> Why not disable the touchpad.

I always do. I have set up several laptops for wife and daughter, and
more recently myself. (This includes some installations of more recent
versions as well) and I always disable the touch-pad as part of the
job. The three of us have never used a touch-pad, ever. Horrible things.

Neil