Re: [LUG] Is this another back door for those in power to analyse our data

Jay,

On Tue, 24 Feb 2015 08:27:15 +0000, Joseph Bennie <jay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>The price should be the seller price and the buyer price is hidden,
>until the point of negotiation, at which point the price adjust to
>reflect demand/supply until you reach the bargain price. if the buyer
>price is exposed early, it give the seller an unfair advantage to move
>the pricing to an artificial level.

Nothing personal, but seeing that you are posting with an Apple Mail
header reminds me of that story (true?) some time back that websites
were quoting Apple users higher prices because they are obviously
willing to pay over the odds for average hardware.

Years ago sellers would have gotten these signals from meeting in
person. You can't really blame them for trying to get them elsewhere
these days.

The system you describe would be monopolistic if it results in price
fixing which even in these pro-business times would be illegal.

Kevin