Re: [LUG] Why you should not have ssh on port 22.

On 9 February 2015 at 22:17, bad apple <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

You'll probably be interested in this Simon: this guy is pretty much the
expert on this phenomenon (he calls part of it the "Hail Mary Cloud")
and has lots of fascinating blog posts on the nature and evolution of
these scan and bruteforce SSH things here:

http://bsdly.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Hail%20Mary%20Cloud

That is a good read - thank you for posting it. I read some more of his stuff and as you say, he knows his stuff.

I've snipped a fair bit of your reply for good reason - I'm retracting my original statement and changing my view!

Throughout this thread it's become increasingly obvious to me that I'm wrong and you and several others (also on IRC) are right and have provided well reasoned evidence and proof to support it.

Thank you for the education. :)

Simon