Re: [LUG] Pi 2

On Mon, 2 Feb 2015, Tom wrote:

It's more than 4x faster. Standard benchmarks put it closer to 6x faster
- my own quick compile test put it 9x faster...

The memory is faster as well as the cpu clock @ 900Mhz

That moves is from a 'toy'* to a serious contender for a real PC replacement! Now I need a 10" touchscreen that can take a boot across the room and thats several thousand in music toys out the window!

I've been running it for a few days via (tight)vncserver and I'm amazed by the performance - even via VNC the windowing system is fast and that's without the GPU. I'm seriously considering making it my main desktop PC, driving my nice 24" 1080p monitor...

I think the only think that might stop this is lack of flash... But I'll hook it up later today and see how the new web browser performs.

SD card speed is still the same though, and its still 10/100 Ethernet.

Gordon