Re: [LUG] Scam emails - to myself??

On 18 January 2015 17:52:30 GMT+00:00, NW <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 18 Jan 2015 13:44:51 +0000
Martijn Grooten <martijn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 12:26:04PM +0000, NW wrote:
So I am just wondering, is this really something new, or is it just
that we have never been the target before?

It is a very old trick.

I can see how in some cases it might help get the email past spam
filters. I don't see how anyone could think: blimey, this nice offer,
it comes from myself, so it must be legit.

Martijn.

That was my reaction. I knew that I hadn't sent any emails to myself,
so no way was it going to work. Can't see the point myself. What with
spam emails, rogue telephone calls and TV adverts, not to mention the
dreary weather, this time of year is really getting me down.

Neil

Tomorrow is Blue Monday, supposedly the most depressing day of the year. Get through that and you're laughing ;)

Kevin