Re: [LUG] leap second

I think you missed my point. I think Torvalds agrees - this time around, the leap second isn't going to be an issue for us (as per Daniel's) question. So b***cks to the scare-mongerers telling us all our website are going to crash.

Why would they? Can't think why web servers would fall over due to poor dates - although of course I can't predict what crufty cgi has been written on every one.Â

PC clocks are notoriously poor, which is why most folk have ntpdate cronned once a day, or a full ntp server running to keep things in check.

0 0 * * * /usr/sbin/ntpdate time.nist.gov &>/dev/null