Re: [LUG] leap second

On 09/01/15 22:56, daniel Phillips wrote:
I just read an article about the rotation of the earth slowing, the powers that be are deciding whether or not to add a leap second! The article states that many websites were brought down after the last leap second was added in 2012, it also effected the Linux operating system! Anyone else have views or knowledge on this?

I don't remember my Linux machines having a problem back then so i guess there should be nothing to worry about! Is it the same hype as the millennium bug?

I'd vote b***cks. Have you got a link to the article?

Martin