Re: [LUG] OT: best way to clean an infested XP setup

> Its not my machine - I will never be able to retrain these people and
> they cant afford a new version.
> Tom te tom te tom

Steal it then. "Microsoft Toolkit" will fake activate any 8.1 volume
licensed install and make it technically legitimate.

Do I condone "stealing" proprietary software? Mu. Couldn't give a shit
either way: that's a philosophical discussion to be had elsewhere. Where
it's the only choice between retard end-users suffering out-of-support
malware afflicted APT jump-off points or having hacked but up-to-date
Win8.1 installs? It's a no-brainer. Call Steve Ballmer, he'll tell you
exactly the same thing.

Presumably, for some incomprehensible reason (I'd imagine: user is
stupid and broke) Linux, which is a much better legal, moral and
technical solution, isn't an option.

So steal Windows and install it for them. Don't put another broken XP
box back on the internet, that shit will be hammering my perimeter
endpoints with Chinese rubbish by Tuesday and I'm off work and don't
want to have to deal with other people's incompetence.

Again, why are you even asking this? Why do you do not know that ClamAV
is a joke? Wipe a malware infection with that? For god's sake.

I really, really don't mean to be mean. But I'm sick of stupid crap like
this. Sort your shit out otherwise you're just part of the problem.
Don't try and 'fix' things that will just make stuff worse for all the
rest of us.