Re: [LUG] OT: best way to clean an infested XP setup

On 22/12/2014 09:40, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:
> Safe Mode with Networking

This is the best way.
I also use downloadable anti-virus one run from McAfee or better still
use  a live CD from Kaspersky. The Kaspersky CD has old AV database but
updates its database as it runs.
Then I use CCleaner to run to get rid of non wanted stuff and clean up
registry.
I also use CCleaner to cut the 'start up' programs to a minimum
The live CD from Kaspersky I have used often, it is old but works as it
can update from web as it runs.
--
regards
Eion MacDonald