Re: [LUG] OT leaving the area

Sent from my iPhone

> On 30 Nov 2014, at 16:39, Gordon Henderson <gordon+lug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On Sun, 30 Nov 2014, Eion MacDonald wrote:
>
>>> Eight years in England, and I still make daft typos. Ouch. :-)
>>
>> AH! How I wish I were as good. The 'occasional typo'. Mind you, the
>> British Army 50 or so years ago sent me to school as my Scots accent
>> could not be understood by my "English" soldiers, and it took a lot of
>> time to drop Scots Lallans words from my written English.
>
> Happy St. Andrews day...
>
> When I moved to engurland (gloucestershire) the locals where I was had issues with
> my accent. What really annoyed me is that they all sounded like bloody worzels
> complete with traaktors and zoyder...
>
> And Bristol? Don't get me started about the Bristolians and Brizzle, largur, asdul
> and darleks. Aap!

:)
on visiting my future wife in the midlands i tried many times with  'kan i huv twa
icekreames kones wih a flake' ... then resorted to guestures. when that failed i
tried
a little madeup french 'duo glace avec chocolate conqu sucra' very loudly and
slowly.

result, and they were the marshmallows filling ones! but the insult when she wouldnt
accept the clydesdale fiver.

Freedom!