Re: [LUG] Backups and Storage

On 24 November 2014 at 14:05, Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There must be others. I also want to keep some personal accounting and
family history safe. All this not just for me but for the family too.

Everything you say - and also Âan automated system elsewhere on your lan. (In a different physical building ideally - for fire backups, but in a loft/elsewhere/hidden might do for theft/data loss)

I use backuppc on various debian servers for home and work. It's awesome and once setup, you can (almost) forget about it. Windows and linux clients both.

If cloud, I'm having a lot of happy experiences with grive under debian (once I dist-upgraded enough for it to install). Again, once setup and cronned, it's takes no maintenance other than occasionally checking it's working. (Other cloud/client things exist...)