[LUG] Backups and Storage

My desktop has died for the moment. I have been having some problems
recently so I was expecting it. So until I get it sorted I am using my
laptop. Luckily I have good backups and I keep the laptop up to date
with the desktop so no bother.

However, it did get me thinking about storage of some of my files. I
have lots of photos and quite a few videos which I want to keep safely.
Up to now I have stored them on both DVD's and an external hard drive.
Now I am wondering what is the best way to store such files. A quick
think and I came up with the following ....

DVD-RW
External HD
Personal web site
Cloud services, eg Dropbox and Spideroak
Owncloud
Memory stick

There must be others. I also want to keep some personal accounting and
family history safe. All this not just for me but for the family too.

So I am wondering what list members do about this and what they
recommend.

thanks,

Neil