Re: [LUG] Mozilla losing the plot a little bit further

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 08:52:17AM +0000, Simon Avery wrote:
> I do actually care about Mozilla, having been a user and
> supporter for a very very long time.

Same here. I used it back in the days when IE had a 98% market share or
something (early 2000s).

A lot of websites didn't work on other browsers and many even explicitly
told you, on an otherwise blank page, to install IE if you wanted to
view the content.

Regardless of what you think of IE as a browser, that was a particularly
unhealthy situation.

I think Google's dominance on the search engine market is equally
unhealthy even if I think that Google is pretty good. And that's why I
think this is a good move.

For anyone who really cares, it is trivial to switch to a different
search engine (if Google wasn't already the default, which it is in all
but three countries). For the remaining 98%, this will make the search
engine market a bit more diverse. And thus a bit more healthy.

Martijn.