Re: [LUG] Mozilla losing the plot a little bit further

On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 09:42:47 +0000, Eion MacDonald
<eionmac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Default, gives Mozilla revenue. We can use any search engine you like
>in your Firefox set-up.
>All companies need revenue to survive.
>What this does NOT tell us , is if Google offered less revenue in
>future to Mozilla, and that may have been crucial to Mozilla decision;
>as is also the competition of a Google browser in Chrome which was not
>in evidence 10 years ago when the agreement for Mozilla revenue was
>last fully negotiated.

+1. Mozilla is a business and I bet Google offered less money as with
Chrome being such a success they don't need the exposure as much.
Chrome/Chromium is a good browser but I think Firefox is still the
better bet especially if (like me) you aren't happy with Google
collecting piles of information about you.

Kevin