Re: [LUG] Printing a big picture!

On 17/11/14 09:16, stinga wrote:
On 17/11/14 09:01, Tom wrote:
On 17/11/14 08:37, Philip Whateley wrote:
I think that Photoprint
(http://blackfiveimaging.co.uk/index.php?article=02Software%2F01PhotoPrint)

Phil

On 17/11/14 08:18, Tom wrote:
I dont often print things but I have a large (a1) image of insect
phylogeny that is impossible to view properly on screen so I'm
attempting to print it out.

That one doesnt seem to allow a large image - whatever I try the image
is shrunk into one a4 page! PosteRazor sort of works but you have to
save the PDF it makes and then print that. Firefox used to be able to
do it but not any more...

gimp - select/cut paste as new/print
whatever I do in print settings print preview shows me 1 page.
convert - convert -extract 1024x1024+0+0 old.png new.png
brute force is what I'm trying to avoid...
ImageMagick - must be able to do it.
Nope -
Tom te tom te tom