Re: [LUG] OT: BT answering service

On 03/11/14 13:56, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Mon, 3 Nov 2014 13:48:05 +0000
Daniel Robinson <manipula@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Daniel,

You can turn 1571 off using the BT online portal.

It's a chargeable service;  I wonder why anybody would pay for it *and*
use their own answerphone....

My dad's phone was hijacked by BT - he had a bad leg and the phone was in another room and he wondered why he could never get to the phone before it stopped ringing. Fortunately when he worked it out he used his experience in bringing up 3 boys in informing BT of the error of their ways,
I cant find any reference to 1571 on My BT online portal....
I'll just have to wait in line for a chat....
Tom te tom te tom