Re: [LUG] Oneget

On Tue, 28 Oct 2014 17:20:22 +0000, Simon Avery <digdilem@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>:)
>
>Cynical old me does wonder if Microsoft will use it as a way to tax
>software companies for getting listed, or leverage their agenda into
>the T&C's.

Well of course at some stage they will charge. App stores are great and
you've only got to look at the success of Steam on PC to see what a
goldmine they are. The only surprising thing is that they haven't done
it years ago. Developers benefit from the increased visibility and
hopefully sales and customers benefit from price competition (in
theory) and centralised updates.

Kevin