Re: [LUG] Moving Dropbox to another drive

Hi

On 5 Oct 2014, at 13:00, Brad Rogers <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Oct 2014 09:09:53 +0100
> Richard Brown <rich@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello Richard,
>
>> How can I move my user data from /home to /media/Movies/home? I have
>> tried to edit fstab and mount the Movies/home but it has an error
>> saying that it is not mountable.
>
> I'm not sure whether you've already created /media/Movies/home, but
> unless the directory already exists trying to mount anything there
> will fail.

Just to let you into the steps I'm taking.
1. On the drive media/Movies I have created /home and also /Dropbox
2. Editing fstab and putting the UUID, followed by media/Movies/home ext3 defaults 0
2
3. Save and exit and then run sudo mount -a
4. Error message is mount: mount point media/Movies does not exist and mount point
media/Movies/home does not exist.

Any ideas please?

Just another thought. I want Dropbox to basically use the 1TB drive. Would it be
possible to put in a symlink and get Dropbox to use that way please?

Kind regards

Richard Brown
07834 770027
Community Organiser