Re: [LUG] shellshock to the rescue

On 05/10/2014 01:17, bad apple wrote:
> Did I do the right thing?

YES.
You need to take a good moral stance.
Thanks for the feed back on the state of play.

You seek the thrill of the chase.
I know how bad it gets. Life has been dull since last I had to cross
borders without papers, and the adrenaline runs high (very high) for
days on end when I was on 'wrong side'.

However being a hunter then, does not detract from a sedate calculating
desk job now. Just different. The young part of me was wild and took
many decisions I now regret. (Some folk may have died because of wrong
decisions. I live with it. Memory does not fade or ease the pain)
Life is the ability to adapt.
Unfortunately many do not, hence the high suicide rate and mental
illness and numbers in prison of former 'men-at arms'.
To paraphrase an old song "young men make war, old men make peace" but
both parts are part of your make up.
You are in transition. It is hard but must be done.

My very best regards on how you handled the matter. Parents sorting out
the young person are better, if they have the skills and ability, than
the 'cold state organisations' (police etc).
--
regards
Eion MacDonald