Re: [LUG] Windows 10 technical preview - caution...

On 04/10/14 10:06, Simon Avery wrote:
> If you're toying with the idea of testing the technical preview of
> WIndows 10 - be careful what info you access with it!
>
> Seems it's harvesting pretty much all information you access or type
> using it.
>
> http://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-windows-technical-preview-data,27816.html
>
> (Not really "shocka" news, but a little surprising about the keylogger
> and voice recorder)

The very idea that this wouldn't be in an isolated and locked down
subnet, behind a firewall/gateway instance that doesn't allow all egress
traffic without question makes me wince.

Don't you all have DMZs with aggressive firewalling with no outbound
traffic unless whitelisted sandboxes? What's coming in isn't anywhere
near as important as what's going out.

I'm not sure what to make of the w10 technical preview so far. Pretty
sure it's not going to convince me to apostatize. It's hilarious that in
2014 people still release operating systems without SSH. LOL NO.

Regards