Re: [LUG] BBC News - ARM creates operating system for 'internet of things' [feedly]

On Wed, 1 Oct 2014 21:50:28 +0100, Richard Brown
<wildwoodslosty@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Hi Guys
>
>What do you think?
>
>----
>BBC News - ARM creates operating system for 'internet of things'
>http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29410999
>----

The hype around the IoT is typical of today's media but I think it will
be a long time before the average Joe is putting this stuff in their
house. Personally, for now, I prefer Arduino/Pi type solutions as I
like open source and have no interest in becoming a "lucrative revenue
stream" for some megacorp.

Kevin