Re: [LUG] Laptop stands

On 21/09/2014 18:18, Martin Gautier wrote:

> On 21/09/14 17:43, Neil Winchurst wrote:
>> My desk top computer died on me last Friday. Until I get it fixed I am
>> using my laptop. I have a sort of set up to keep the laptop at an angle
>> for easier working. However, now I am getting more used to using a
>> laptop (I have kept clear of them until recently) I realise that a
>> decent stand would be a good idea.
>>
>> So, does anyone have any suggestions please? I have had a good look
>> around via the web and am now more confused than ever. If anyone can
>> suggest a stand to place on my desk I would be very grateful.
>>
>> although it is a laptop it is used like a desktop and stays on my desk
>> all the time. It is rarely taken to another room and never leaves the
>> house, so there is no need for considering portability or weight.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Neil
>>
> I usually prescribe a small piece of wood cut to length and prop the
> back length of the laptop on it.
>
> The lengths of wood usually used for door jams seem ideal - after some
> home improvements a few years ago, I have a stock of such which I cut to
> length and sand down as required.
>
> Martin

Concur OR
an old book of sufficient thickness OR
a wood stand (the slanted slanted legs bit with a back cross piece)with
   a metal rest ( keeps the air flow cool) OR
I use an old top for monitor  which was meant to be a level  flat place
over the monitor , it has adjustable legs  OR
a cushion with  supper tray bit This is what I use in other rooms OR
 a big table mat  resting on book!
--
regards
Eion MacDonald