Re: [LUG] Are BT really toadally incompetent?

On 09/09/14 11:32, Martin Gautier wrote:

On 09/09/14 10:41, Tom wrote:

My ISP offloaded their broaband stuff to the co-op who couldn't offer
a deal anywhere near as cheap as BT (£19 v £8 unlimited) and as I've
had a lot of problems with the line I swallowed my pride (used to work
for them and know too much) and put an order on line and went to get
the mac code. A few days later got the mac code couldnt find the order
online!! Phoned up they couldn't find it so put in a new one (over 18
mths as opposed to 12 mths this time )&)(*) with a switch over today.
Got the router a couple of days ago..
Just got a phone call from them trying to sell me broadband. After
much merriment the girl checked and the order was 'broken' she
reckoned. However the deal was now £7.50 unlimited over 12mth
contract. Gave them the MAC code again - BT system wont accept it .
Phoned provider to check mac code - they swear its fine. Check BT site
- seems to match their example MAC's ok ... but computer says no.
Oh dear...
Tom te tom te tom

Yes, the are completely incompetent and to be avoided in all forms and
at all costs.

I recommend Zen Internet who's customer service outshines all
competitors. Sure it's not as cheap but you get what you pay for.

It seems that almost all ISPs see customer service as a cost centre and
either outsource the lot to the cheapest provider or invest so little in
their own call centres as to make them ineffective.

I've seen ISP Customer Service done right - from the inside. The only
one I've seen working- from the outside - is Zen.

Martin

Not LLU her yet so - diamonds resting on the shit that is BT...you dont get what you pay for - just a better ear to whinge to!
Tom te tom te tom