Re: [LUG] Request to mailing list list rejected

Strongly oppose bad apple's request.

I'm happy with a 40kb limit to stay. I think it is a totally reasonable and appropriate limit.

This is a mailing list for a geographical area that has many areas of low bandwidth availability in a country that still regularly has bandwidth limits. I also access this list via my phone on which I have a bandwidth cap, and signal in any of my usual places is at GPRS and often at modem dialup rates.Â

Even if it bandwidth wasn't of huge concern, mailing lists are not a good place to post large images or attachments.Â

There are a world of free and easy to use hosting services such as imgur, picasa, facebook, or self-host and post a link to your image. Users then have a choice, which they don't if you attach it. Or email somebody directly if you wish. It takes almost no extra time to upload such an image, and is more efficient than a uu or mime encoded 7-bit attachment.Â

As a linux user and geek, I especially reserve the right to give a damn about efficiency and best practices.