[LUG] Exwick Ark Progress - and do you want to meet up in September in Exeter? Any projects people want to pursue in the area?

Dear All,

I'd just like to say I hope you all had a good summer.

In the summer break I have installed the 3 Netgear wireless access points in the
Preschool as they are preparing to roll out a cloud based record keeping system
(which is all very hi-tech for a preschool I hear you cry). This covers the
grounds as well as the main building. One of the accesspoints is set to run at
50% power as there is no point blasting the park with wi-fi. Anyway, it does now
mean you can stand at the bus stop and get a fairly good, albeit passworded,
network connection.
It got me thinking that a Raspberry Pi iBeacon setup next to the bus stop might
be a fun little project.

As to other things, the Ark would like to add some extra terminals around the
place. Mainly to log into the cloud based system to update records.

I have not put the servers that Rob set up into action yet either.

Since now is the moment to think ahead I did wonder if anyone had thoughts about
the autumn and any plans they might have for Exeter meetups. There is the Pi Jam
on the 6th Sept and we would normally meet the week after at the Ark. However,
we also chatted about other projects people had etc. So I just thought I would
see what people felt.

No need to rush or even change anything. Meeting up for tea and a chat while
looking at some electronic gizzmos is alway fun.

Kind regards

Trevor