Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2014 at 8:55 PM
From: "Kevin Lucas" <kevin.lucas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LUG] Help with eufi

On Sun, 2014-08-10 at 21:38 +0200, aaron moore wrote:
> The only thing I seem to be able to boot is a new windows 8 install cd
> set that I managed to wangle from Acer.
> I have tried 2 different Ubuntu 14 dvds and a boot and a dareks boot
> and nuke disk.

You may need to look at the bios and turn off UEFI or evem you may not
have the F12 function

The F12 Boot Menu allows you to choose which device that you would like
to boot the computer's Operating System from by pressing the F12 key
during the computer's Power On Self Test, or POST process. Some notebook
and netbook models have the F12 Boot Menu disabled by default.

To enable the F12 Boot Menu:

Restart the computer.
Press the F2 key to enter computer's BIOS Setup during Power-On
Self-Test, or POST, process while the Acer logo is being displayed.
Press the Right Arrow key to select Main
Select F12 Boot Menu
Press the Enter key
Select Enabled
Press the Enter key
Press the F10 key and then press the Enter key to save the changes
and restart the computer.

Note: Not all Acer notebooks or netbooks have the F12 Boot Menu feature.
Computers that do not have the F12 Boot Menu feature will not be able to
enable the feature within the BIOS.

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub)