Re: [LUG] noob in cornwall but not to linux

On Wed, 2014-08-06 at 22:12 +0100, Matthew Cremore wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I'll be up for a meet, I'm near Redruth so not too far to pop down.
> I've been a Linux user for a good decade now but haven't really used
> it for anything more than the basics. Thought I'd resubscribe to the
> list since I'm doing the edx Introduction to Linux course and it'd be
> good to get social with the Linux locals. I also have a pi and arduino
> but not really played much with either.
>

> Cheers,
> Matt.
>

> On 6 August 2014 13:07, Joseph Bennie <jay@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>         On 6 Aug 2014, at 12:14, Gordon Henderson <gordon
>         +lug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>         > On Wed, 6 Aug 2014, Joseph Bennie wrote:
>         >
>         >> Hi all, just a shout out to say hello and introduce myself,
>         hope yo don't mind:)
>         >>
>         >>
hi Joseph
I am up on Bodmin Moor in Minions
I work here 24 7 and have the Tearooms which, if anyone want to use for
a meet just ask.
I will be here...
My interest in Linux stems from Unix sys admin and PC hardware.
Mostly now a user, but I can proudly say All my business SW for running
the Shop and Tearooms is Linux. I have a Pi which gets played with,
trashed, reloaded, and rebuilt.
I have 2 things to do with the Pi,
 One ...My wife wants a washing machine who (yes it must talk) advises
the busy Wash-mister when the cycle has completed ( by text or face
book), so she can empty it out before creasing begins. As here in
Cornwall we don't do Ironing (apparently).
Two...
 control our 4 outdoor snowmen during the Christmas period, who
previously fired up singing Dashing through the Snow, and Dancing but
sadly now just Vibrate and fail to produce recognisable sound at all.
I have done all the components, PIR, simulated motor control, havn't
done sound to motion yet. But its a work in progress.

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub)
A dedicated Linux user