Re: [LUG] Raspberry Pi

On 9 August 2014 19:33:45 GMT+01:00, Gordon Henderson <gordon+lug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>On Sat, 9 Aug 2014, bad apple wrote:
>...snip...
>
>> * In case anyone is wondering, yes, I am home alone, the missus is
>away
>> and unusually I have the credit card, hence the shopping spree :] I'm
>> also looking at 3D printers, but that is one highly confusing
>field...
>> Anyone got one yet?
>
>Think: What is more useful to you - a 3D printer or a lasercutter...
>
>I thought about that a while back and I now have a lasercutter.

Been going through the same thought processes myself and ended up going the cnc
route. Haven't finished putting it together yet though. I would like a 3d printer as
well at some stage although I want to print metal parts which is way outside of my
budget currently. IMHO, the current generation of "home" machines still seem fairly
limited for making useful stuff.

Which lasercutter do you have and how do you find it?

Kevin