Re: [LUG] Quickbooks to Gnucash

On 27/07/2014 19:55, Martin Gautier wrote:
> Anyone done it?
>
> I use Gnucash for my business but have taken over as treasurer for a
> local organisation and need to pull in the previous incumbent's accounts.
>
> Cheers
>
> Martin

Umm!
GnuCash can import CSV account list  account by account.
What was previous  treasurer's bookkeeping  program?
If SAGE or QuickBooks they can export to a MS Excel format or CSV.

While I attempted this some 7 years ago, I gave up as I found GnuCash
while OK for private accounts was not really serviceable with UK VAT or
EU VAT business accounts and, I did not have enough experience to query
GnuCash to get reports easily.

It took ages to import the accounts and lists separately.
It was easier to run a trial balance at a fixed date; one day before
previous year end, and set up  new system from trial balance and then
work to install all named suppliers, customers, etc.

I reverted to my paid MS Windows system accounts program to save me
going 'batty' with work on GnuCash.
The bookkeeping is only reason I run a MS Windows set up for myself.
I run another to mate with customer's systems as i must marry with his
windows set up

Good luck with GnuCash
--
regards