Re: [LUG] ChromeOS / ChromiumOS in Virtualbox

On 28 Jun 2014 09:38, "Martin Gautier" <martin.gautier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 27/06/14 22:48, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:
>>
>> OK, got it working. It's sluggish as hell, and the "mouse" is almost unresponsive it's so slow, but I have a GUI!
>>
>> Now to see if I can make it not sluggish.
>>
>> Incidentally, after changing the WORKINGDIR in the script, it presented me with a list of official ChromeOS devices who's recovery images are available. After trying a few I finally found that the Lenovo x131 image gave me a GUI.
>>
>> Grant.
>
> Grant
>
> Was that from a ArnoldTheBat or Hexxeh build?
>
> I found you can adjust the mouse speed in settings but on the Chromium build I had going it didn't help much.
>
> Perhaps I'll give it another go since you've had success...
>
> Martin

That was stating from a Hexxeh build, but I'm gonna try with an ArnoldTheBat build today - it shouldn't make a difference as the whole system (except the stateful partition) gets wiped.

I'll have a look at what's going on with the mouse. Might even have a go at trying to get VirtualboxAdditions working. Uphill struggle I imagine, but hey ho.

Grant