Re: [LUG] Computer constant reboots

On Mon, 2014-06-23 at 16:27 +0100, Julian Hall wrote:
> On 23/06/14 15:59, Simon Avery wrote:
> > As the ram has already been mentioned, also worth a try is a bios
> > reset.
> >

> > Could be somebody has been playing (or, let's be kind, 'corruption')
> > and the speeds are wrong.
> >

> Oh.. just had a thought.  Maybe a fan has died and it's overheating?
> The box starts up a few degrees under the BIOS safety setting, warms
> up during boot, hits the BIOS limit and shuts down, rinse and
> repeat..?  Not /that/ likely but just a thought as it has (here in
> Wales anyway) been warmer over the last couple of days.
>
> Julian

I had one PC with a faulty power sw. If it reboots after 5 secs, its
that, stuck in. To test unplug the front panel and start up with a pair
of pliers ie short the power sw pins momentarily.

This one took some time to solve. I only got it after booting up when on
the bench.
Otherwise
strip out everything and try just to boot to bios.

If that fails junk the mobo.

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub)