[LUG] Fwd: A powerful new way to speak out

How dis look?
Tom te tom te tom

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: A powerful new way to speak out
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 16:57:09 -0400 (EDT)
From: David Christopher <contact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: madtom1999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A global movement of millions is speaking out about how government spy bureaucracies are invading our privacy, by collecting and storing our most sensitive information in giant databases. Weâve taken action online and on the streets. Now itâs time to send the spy bureaucracy a message in language theyâll understand: Learn more about how to use these simple tools to safeguard your privacy online.

Take action!

Tom,

One year ago today, the way we think about the Internet changed forever.

Edward Snowden blew the whistle on one of the worst human rights abuses in history: governments have been secretly monitoring our phone calls, webcams, texts, chats, real-time location, and reading habits -- literally everything we do online and with our phones.

Your OpenMedia team is proud to have helped build a global movement of millions who have spoken out about this unprecedented invasion of our private lives. Now itâs time to take the next step and jam up the spy bureaucracy by making it harder for them to monitor us.

Weâve teamed up with our friends at Fight for the Future to encourage everyone to Reset the Net by adopting straightforward privacy tools to help kick the government off your computer and phone. Click here to join today.

In the year since we first learned the lurid details of the NSAâs dragnet spying operation, a massive wave of opposition has echoed across the world. Millions have taken action online and in the streets with one clear message: mass surveillance by any government is illegitimate. It violates our right to be ourselves, and undermines freedom of speech and democracy.

Despite the massive public outcry, a whole year after the revelations governments have failed to address our concerns. The NSA and other spy agencies are still tapping our phones and computers, while politicians endlessly debate our rights away.

Letâs work together to protect our privacy and send decision-makers a message they canât ignore. Click here to learn how you can help Reset the Net.

Weâre determined to do what it takes to protect our privacy from government spies. We need to pile pressure on decision-makers and adopting simple privacy tools is an important way to push back.

Click here to get the Reset the Net âPrivacy Packâ -- easy to use tools to protect your freedom. Using these tools sends a powerful message that weâll never accept government spying on our private lives.

Today thousands of people -- and some of the most popular websites and apps on the web -- are taking concrete steps to secure their part of the Internet and make suspicionless, dragnet-style surveillance exponentially more difficult and expensive for governments to conduct.

Tom, the fact hugely popular websites have joined our cause is because people like you made it clear you care about free _expression_, privacy, and the open Internet. Will you take the next step with us?

Thank you for being a part of this,

David, Steve, and Eva, on behalf of your OpenMedia Team

P.S., Most of us havenât tried using privacy tools yet. We use the Internet and feel icky knowing the government is watching and recording our every move. But the reality is that itâs easier than you think to take a few simple steps and protect your privacy and the privacy of your loved ones. Learn more by checking out the Reset the Net âPrivacy Packâ today.

OpenMedia.caOpenMedia.org is a non-profit organization that relies on donations from people like you to operate.ÂOur small but dedicated team ensures even the smallest contributions go a long way to make your voice heard. Please donate today.

We are an award-winning network of people and organizations working to safeguard the possibilities of the open Internet. We work toward informed and participatory digital policy. You can follow us on Twitter, and like us on Facebook.

You have received this message through your subscription to an OpenMedia e-mail list.
You can manage your email preferences. If you did not subscribe or would like to unsubscribe click here.