[LUG] Upgrading Mint 16 to 17

Hi All,

I upgraded Mint 15 to 16 using apt-get following bad apple's excellent tutorial, and now I'd like to do the same from 16-17. I found a how-to online which basically says to edit the sources and replace petra with qiana and saucy with trusty.

Am I correct in thinking these lines (taken from bad apple's tutorial and modified as I /think/ the online How-to means) do exactly that?

2: Edit apt sources

cd /etc/apt
sed -i 's/petra/qiana/g' sources.list
sed -i 's/saucy/trusty/g' sources.list

3: If you have extra repos here (PPAs, etc) also edit them

ls sources.list.d/
sed -i 's/petra/qiana/g' sources.list.d/*.list
sed -i 's/saucy/trusty/g' sources.list.d/*.list

If I am right I'll just use bad apple's tutorial again with these modified lines.

Kind regards,

Julian