Re: [LUG] Encrypt a USB flash drive

On 16/05/2014 13:09, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> Rubbish and scam emails are getting worse recently. This is making me
> think more about keeping my data safe. I do use memory sticks and an
> external hard drive. So I am wondering, to start with, about encrypting
> a memory stick to keep any data safe.
> >
> This will be just for my own use, not to be shared with others, and
> most certainly never allowed near any computer running Windows. So can
> anyone come up with some suggestions please?
>
> Thanks
>
> Neil

Knoppix Live USB Linux system with persistent  memory
Use USB with at least 16Gb as Knoppix disto uses 12 GB.
I use this for banking, but it would work with an external 500Gb
portable drive, if you wanted to.
The persistent memory partition can be encrypted and also by use of
entry pass word to Live Knoppix  you get a two level password system.
--
regards
Eion MacDonald