Re: [LUG] EU ruling on Google

On 15/05/14 10:43, Martijn Grooten wrote:
On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 08:18:47AM +0100, Kevin Peat wrote:
I agree with Jimmy Wales that it is ridiculous and impossible to
implement even in this one specific case let alone as a general rule.
Here's an interesting piece by someone who is in favour of it:

http://countermeasures.trendmicro.eu/the-right-to-be-forgotten-is-not-censorship/

I'm still worried that this could open the door to some censorship, but
it's good to note that there's another side to the story: Search Engines
do collect, sort and reorganise a lot of personal data. That does invade
people's privacy.

Martijn.

I dont think it invades peoples privacy in the sense the information is already in the public domain - the info will be in publicly available papers and in many cases an online search of the court records will show he was bankrupt. This information is not incorrect. What will Bing be doing about this - assuming they could find a haystack in a needle box?
Tom te tom te tom