Re: [LUG] NVidia Graphics Cards

On 13/05/14 14:44, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Tue, 13 May 2014 14:02:14 +0100
Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

That is interesting. I am looking at getting a laptop which comes with
either the built in Intel graphics or an NVidia GeForce GT 740M card. I
didn't realise that the card could not be replaced.
Few things can be replaced in a laptop.  Battery, memory & HD usually can
but beyond that; "it depends".....
Agreed.. I think the phrase 'non user serviceable' applies to most parts of a laptop, which can be translated into 'If you have the required skill with a screwdriver and the knowledge you can but otherwise don't' :)

Julian