Re: [LUG] NVidia Graphics Cards

On 13/05/14 12:27, Neil Winchurst wrote:
 From what I have seen and read both here and elsewhere, NVidia graphics
cards have caused a lot of headaches with Linux in the past. However it
seems that things are improving.

So I am wondering, if these cards are still a bit of a problem with
Linux why do people bother with them? I am assuming that they must have
some advantages over  bog standard Intel built in graphics. Or is it
just people who play a lot of games on their computer who need them andI
so put up with the problems?

I do have a reason for asking, so any info would be useful,

Thanks

Neil

I've had a few problems with lower level (older processors on motherboards) but things seem to be improving. Nvidia are fun for certain things like GPU processing - an example would be CUSPICE which uses Nvidious cards to speed up processing of very heavily math dependant electronic circuit simulation but using the CUDA libraries developed by Nvidia.
Tom te tom te tom