Re: [LUG] ubuntu group to allow power off

From memory (and it's not that great) but I seem to remember having a similar issue and I "think" I fixed it by editing the /etc/sudoers file , don't have my book of useful commands to hand but a quick Google and I came up with

%users ALL = NOPASSWD: /sbin/reboot

Http://help.Ubuntu.com/community/sudoers

Not sure if still relevant on the latest versions of Ubuntu, sorry

On 6 May 2014 08:01:40 BST, Tom <madtom1999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We have a multi user machine - the kids keep leaving themselves logged
in. If I'm the last one up I can shut it down cleanly but the missus
cant if anyone else is still logged in.
Anyone know what group she needs to be added to to power down?
Tom te tom te tom