Re: [LUG] firefox update

On Wed, 30 Apr 2014 17:17:13 +0100
bad apple <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Incidentally, not having a go at you Neil - ultimately, it's your
> browser and you're obviously free to cosmetically rearrange it however
> you please. Which at least Firefox, even post-Australis, still will
> absolutely let you do.

At the moment I am running Xubuntu v 12.04 on my desktop. I am also
running v 14.04 in VBox to test it thoroughly before moving over. This
version installed with FF v 28, so it was fine for me.

Today there were some updates for 14.04 so I ran them. This included a
move for FF to v 29. I had a good look at it and decided that my
reaction had not changed....yuk.

So now the VBox version is back to looking how I like it!!

IMO this radical change should have been set up as an option. That is,
v29 should have remained looking like v 28 but  with the option to
change over to the new layout if so wished.

Just my thoughts,

Neil