Re: [LUG] OpenSSL --> LibreSSL

Philip Hudson wrote:

> Massive experience tells me not to bother preaching to the deaf.

Come on Philip you have to expand on that sort of comment, some of us are
listening.

I assume you were implying that if nearly all the maths I learnt as an
under graduate can be condensed into a tool as small as yacas, and if a
small program like Megahal can learn English grammar by example in a few
minutes, that difficult problems don't demand big solutions.

In context the problem is how to negotiate a secure channel using public
key technology, clearly there are simpler solutions. I note also that
PolarSSL designed for mobile devices addresses the same problem space with
much less code.

That said I'd buy the argument that there is some lower limit on the size
of code to address this problem effectively.