Re: [LUG] Backup in Linux

On Sun, 2014-04-27 at 20:26 +0100, Simon Avery wrote:
> What grant says - images aren't always the best route.

If you have already "backed up" more than 8 GIG do you need to do it
again?
I would use  rsync after that just to increment the changes, or are you
producing that much data?
ie
rsync -avz /var/www/ kevinspc:/var/www/html
back up my test web server.
put it in .bashrc as an alias

alias syncdata='rsync -avz /var/www/ kevinspc:/var/www/html'
I just type "syncdata" in a terminal and leave it to it.

I have recently just used the Gnome GUI  Disks-More Actions
(2cogs)-Create Disk Image, to image a 80 gig Drive it took about 40
mins.

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub)