Re: [LUG] OpenSSL --> LibreSSL

On Sun, 27 Apr 2014, Tom wrote:

Some problems can be solved in a few of lines of code but that can make them completely unmaintainable for someone outside the field so for the sake of maintainability they problem has to be broken down into 'average' head sized chunks: I've got some code somewhere which is in APL and does a pretty good job of circuit analysis in about 12kb of APL code - ie practically pure maths. Its been undeveloped for years because its a lot easier for people to tinker with C code of several hundred thousand lines that does a similar job but there are still only half a dozen very experienced developers who seem to be able to work on it- I spent 10 years as a micro chip designer and I've been a programmer for nearly 40 and its not any simpler than it was 25 years ago when it was in FortranIV - and the basic underlying maths can still be written on a side of A4.

APL for the Raspberry Pi:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=46423

Gordon