Re: [LUG] Open zfs monitoring

On 26/04/14 23:46, Matt Stevenson wrote:
> Open ZFS has been something I found for low cost high density
> storage. I'm expected to start supporting it so may need to setup a
> box. What do people here use for monitoring there storage servers
> available disk space, I heard Nagios is quite big in this area?

We mostly use nagios for disk space monitoring as well as a bunch of
other critical things (last watering of my pot plant, for example), but
zabbix is popular at work too, particularly for the network equipment.
The interface is a bit nicer imho, but we're sticking with nagios for
now due to our current investment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zabbix
https://www.zabbix.org/

You'll probably end up wanting to monitor more things over time, such as
whether you've blown a disk, so consider the plugins too.  I believe
Nagios has a wider range.

Cheers,

Mike.