[LUG] RPi visual analysis.

In the spirit of Jethro Tull it occurred to me that its time to bring back the horse plough: Tull revolutionised farming by introducing the seed drill and matching hoe - the seed drill laid out the seeds in nice parallel rows and later 99% of the weeds could be killed by the skilful driving of a hoe between the rows of growing crops. Labour costs and cheap weedkillers and bad driving have driven out the practice. Surely modern technology can produce an automatic device to do the hoeing. All it needs is some way of accurately recognising the gap between a row of crops. I'd imagine the Pi with a camera is probably up to this - and controlling (with a pre loaded field map) a small hoe to wander up and down the fields using solar and wind power?
Anyone know of any Pi optical groups?
Tom te tom te tom