Re: [LUG] OpenSSL --> LibreSSL

On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 12:20:38PM +0100, Simon Waters wrote:
> Oops sent before intended, but the point probably made. If it was simply cash that
> is needed to secure software Microsoft software would have an amazing security
> record.

It's obviously more than "simply cash" that's needed, but it has been
pretty clear that the lack of cash (and, as a consequence, the lack of
eyes looking at the code) was a big issue for OpenSSL - and is probably
a big issue for a number of other open source projects.

(I also think that Microsoft's security record has been pretty decent in
recent years, especially given how big a target the company is. In any
case I think the funding for the Linux Foundation by Microsoft and many
others is great news, full stop.)

Martijn.