Re: [LUG] systemd discontent

On Sat, 26 Apr 2014, Philip Hudson wrote:

All nicely center-aligned. Lovely.

boycott systemd
http://boycottsystemd.org/

Looks like "we've" lost out to systemd though. The next stable version of Debian will have it by default and sysV init as a separate package - however Gnome 3.8 depends on systemd, so if Debian folks want to carry on with Gnome 3 then systemd it is.

I'm not happy at all about it, but it seems there is nothing I can do.

Which I'm also not happy about - although being Linux there is an alternative - gentoo or LFS, etc. not sure I have time to investigate them, however given that I'm also not happy about Gnome 3 and have had it crash more times this year (and requiring a power cycle at one point too!) them I'm going to go back to xfce4 - that'll keep me going for at least one more Debian release cycle, but after that, who knows. Maybe back to FreeBSD.

Gordon