Re: [LUG] Mint keyboard input

On 18/04/14 22:48, Kevin Lucas wrote:

>> Now, does one use gnome-tweak-tool to fiddle with Desktop settings and
>> tweaks to tune minor cosmetic stuff on Cinnamon or does it have it's own
>> tool hidden away somewhere?
>>
>> Regards
>
> gnome-tweek-tool
>
> but I have never managed to get any new themes loaded .....

Yeah, that's what I thought but it segfaults with impressive reliability
and fails to apply any of it's changes... even though I can see they
have taken effect in dconf. Reverting to the old fashioned hard core
methods (i.e., editing dconf manually) also fails to work, for reasons I
am yet to fathom. All I wanted to do was show the damn icons on the
desktop :[

Cinnamon still sucks I see. Unfortunately, that's what has been
standardised for a whole bunch of end-user desktops so I don't have a
choice except to make it work. Thank god for testing VMs - if any early
adopters are itching to upgrade their Ubuntu and/or Cinnamon software
ASAP I'd advise you to hang on and wait for a bit.

Regards