[LUG] NFS exports

I run NFS to share my desktop home directory with my other devices. Doing this you set up what you want to share as an export in /etc/export file. Yesterday I got a warning that I was running out of disk space in the partition that holds my 'home'. On looking I find that an export directory has been set up that, as I share my whole 'home', it is a copy of my 'home', thus doubling the disk used. Or is it?

When I use file manager and look at what is used it says I have 78 Gb of space left in home. /home and /export both show in the root directory and export uses 105Gb with 4.5Gb free, the cause of the disk full warning. But the root partition is only 17Gb in size. GParted says I have 83Gb fre in home partition abd 5Gb free in root, as I'd expect.

So what is going on? Is export a virtual directory or is it really taking up disk space? Do I need to start juggling disk space as I do have a free chunk.

George