Re: [LUG] Firefox blocking

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 2:59 PM, Simon Avery <digdilem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If software doesn't fit debian's ethos, stick it in non-free or don't
> package it at all. The current situation results in insecure and outdated
> versions of a very commonly used piece of software.

It wasn't even that. Mozilla told Debian effectively that they could
not package it at all and call it Firefox, as Mozilla wanted to be
able to handle security updates themselves or something.

I think the situation is probably a little more relaxed now, but
remember that the version of Firefox you can download from Mozilla is
under some T&C that prohibits commercial distribution, amongst other
things.

--
Matt Lee

http://www.linkedin.com/in/metamattl